Come explore the world of stamping with me!

08 July 2010

It's the Thought Flowers


Yesterday I went through my file drawers of cardstock & did the full rearrange to make way for the new colors & to order things in the new families. Lots of new ideas for color combinations came to me including this one: Blushing Bride with Always Artichoke. Great fun! I started off by simply embossing with the Elegant Bouquet folder, but quickly realized the image was in need of something more. So, I got out my Stampin' Pastels and went to work. Then, I dithered about keeping the words or ditching them so I could use a smaller punch & more layers. The new XL scallop punch came to my rescue. This way I could keep the full image & still have at least one layer. The 1 3/4 Circle nests so nicely inside. Overall, it's a simple but complete card. A good start to the day. Now, if the rest of my day would just follow along as nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!