Come explore the world of stamping with me!

15 August 2010

Happy Birthday Marge!


August 16th is a very busy day on my birthday calendar! It's the birthday of both my niece and my dear friend, Marge. So, I guess you'll be seeing a couple of birthday cards from me. :)
It's a real challenge for me to put together a card for Marge. She is the person responsible for introducing me to the wonderful world of stamping, so I always want to make her something extra special. You should see the creations she comes up with!
After a long deliberation I decided to just go with something I hadn't tried before. I've never used the frame created from using the Lattice Big Shot Die before and found it made a great window for the soon to be released 2 1/2" Circle Punch. The paisley heart is another gem from the new Holiday Mini Catalog & I embossed it for just the right touch. My sentiment comes from the Curly Cute set, which I just ordered & love.
Marge would have laughed at all the little steps that went to make this simple card. Sponging the frame, embossing the white background, sponging the textured circle, and outlining both the heart and the circle for detail effect made for a fun step by step evolution of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!