Come explore the world of stamping with me!

19 September 2010

Paisley Pumpkin


Last week, I found a video on the Stampin' Up demonstrator website that gave ideas on how to use the Texturz plates. I'm going to have to admit just how unhappy I was with these tools. They came out when the Big Shot first became available through Stampin' Up & I just wasn't really happy with the results when I used them. The Impressions Folders were a huge improvement in my opinion.
Then, I watched as they used these plates much like the new letter presses. It's so cool! If you ink your Texturz plate & then run it through with the silicon sheet & crease pad you get this super fun result. Not only is the cardstock embossed, the ink sticks to all the other areas creating this great pop for the embossed images. This time I inked the plate with Chocolate Chip & used Crumb Cake cardstock. I'm sure you'll see me playing with this fun technique again soon. The other lovelies from Paisley Prints could all benefit from a fun embossed/inked background!

1 comment:

  1. OOh, can we do this one? I have the texture plates and I agree with you that I very rarely use them because I don't like the end result. But this is way cool! Please, oh please :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!