Come explore the world of stamping with me!

02 September 2010

Priceless Valentine Color Challenge


I know it may seem like an odd time of the year to make a Valentine, but I assure you I didn't do it on purpose! I started off with this week's colors from the PPC Color Challenge (Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, and Baja Breeze) all out in front of me. I decided I wanted to do something a bit elegant and that the Priceless set would fit the bill. So, I started off with the butterflies from that set and realized it just wasn't working for me. After a few experiments, I ended up with this card and I think I'm pleased with it. Trust me, the butterflies looked kind of awful! I really like the black embossed on the Cherry Cobbler and the tiny pearls added to the flower circles make them pop more in real life than this photo shows. Now, will someone remind me of this one when it comes time to do Valentines in classes? :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you kept going and made this pretty card :) You used the colors well from PPC this week - thanks for playing along!

    Lori - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!