Come explore the world of stamping with me!

16 February 2011

Nature Walk Collage/Color Throwdown #129


Whew! You know how your muscles feel when you exercise with out stretching enough first? That's sort of how my brain feels right now. I've never done collage stamping & this card is way out of my comfort zone. I think I like it though! My husband suggested I get the Nature Walk set when I first showed it to him in the Occasions Mini catalog because it's so different than anything else I have. The detailed natural images fit me so well, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to figure out how to make them work together. I am so glad I got the Sanded background at the same time. The two work so well together. Then, I saw a tutorial on Splitcoast of how to make your own stitched ribbon flowers. Had to try that out too. Of course, I put just about every embellishment you can think of in the center of that flower before I decided on this Jumbo Brad. (Literally over a half hour of tinkering.) The Antique Brads look great in the center too...maybe next time! My only problem is, I might like this card enough to have it as part of my classes tomorrow. Sigh. Time to write up some instructions... Just when I think I have everything ready & planned in advance, I go and change it up! Thanks to the folks over at Color Throwdown for the color choices today. I did add a bit of chocolate for my ink, but I think that's okay, right?

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful use of neutral images with the colored layers! Love that lace flower! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made a good choice pairing those images with the Sanded background! It looks lovely, and your lace flower is fabulous! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!