Come explore the world of stamping with me!

24 February 2011

A New Challenge/ LBNL #1


I'm super excited to have been invited to try out a brand new challenge. It's called Last but not Least because it's posted on the last day of each month. DJ has put together a super fun challenge for the first round of her challenge: One Mat, One Stamp, One Sentiment, One Ribbon, One Button. In short, it's a One Card. Fun, huh? I just couldn't resist! It's super simple & yet I had to give it a good bit of thought. It made my brain work in different ways than a color or sketch challenge stretches me. Thanks, DJ! I took out my Always Elegant set (free from SAB) for its very first use. I decided it would look great framed by a textured piece of cardstock, so I used my circle cutter to make a 3" circle in a 4 x 4" square of textured Marina Mist. I'm not sure if it shows up in the photo, but I used my Versamarker, Heat & Stick Powder, and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to add accents to the stamped image. I did the same to the little brad that connects my sentiment to the card. Out came my Sticky Strip to make my new favorite ribbon formation. Then, all that was left was my button. I'm pretty sure a paper button counts & my Sweet Buttons Embosslit gave me lots of choices. I can't wait to check out the next challenge at the end of this month! Thanks to DJ for introducing me to a stamping adventure that I might have missed out on otherwise. :)

2 comments:

  1. stunning....love that ribbon and button across the bottoms!! Such an elegant card!! Thanks for playing along!! I hope to see you back in Feb.

    www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. check it out your were picked to be the winner....send me your mailing address so that I can send you your prize!! Congrats....I hope you will play long again this month...I just posted the new challenge.

    Thanks so much for the nice write up you did about my challenge...I had 8 entries...not bad for the first go round....I hope this month we will have more entries!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!