Come explore the world of stamping with me!

12 April 2011

Simple Stripes Birthday


Those who know my paper addiction well will tell you I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to scraps. It's not as if I'll be on a tv show about it or anything, but I do like to keep little pieces I think are still worth something. So, each time I cut cardstock and have 1/2" strips left over, I keep them. I have a little bag of colored ones and another for neutrals. You see them make appearances on my cards pretty often. I also put them out at the Quarterly Quarter party so other folks can put them to use too. I wanted to make a card with them as the central focus, so I ran a few through the Big Shot using my Elegant Lines folder and paired them up with non-textured strips. It's the same folder as yesterday's card, but I think it gives a totally different feel. Breaking up the texture and then switching colors makes for a whole new attitude to the card. That's the great thing about the embossing folders--- we can use them all sorts of ways? Have you seen this folder used to create cupcake frosting? It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!