Come explore the world of stamping with me!

25 May 2011

It's Graduation Time!



It's that time of year again. It's time to celebrate the achievements of our graduates. This year, one of my dear friend's daughter is graduating high school. That's a bit of a shocker to me because we met when she was about seven! My how the time flies. :) A couple of years ago, another friend of mine gave me the great idea of using bits from the graduation invitation to create a card. They are such formal & lovely cards that it seems a waste to not use parts of them again. That, and I'll never have a stamp to match the crest of the school. So, there's no stamping on this one. I just punched out the school crest & created a backing layer for it. To make them stand out a bit more, I used my distressing tool around the edges of both layers. Then I cut out the year & punched a scallop backing for it from my Brushed Gold paper. All I had to do to finish up was run the card front through my Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper folder & add some gold Smooch Spritz. It's very simple (which is perfect for this busy time of year) but still looks elegant enough to fit the occasion. Now, if the rain will just hold off for the graduation on Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!