Come explore the world of stamping with me!

16 May 2011

Mojo Monday 191/Printed Petals Leaves & Dots




Welcome to a brand new week! As usual, I get to start my week off with a great sketch from the ladies over at Mojo Monday. Today, I decided to keep things simple. No crazy new techniques or experiments for this one. I also decided at the start that I wanted to use Certainly Celery as one of my colors. So, with that & the sketch in mind, I started. Thinking about the lovely light green of Certainly Celery, I remembered the great leaf scallop from my Printed Petals set. I'm such a sucker for a great deal, so when SU put this set on sale for May (30% off!) I just couldn't resist. Now, I'm glad that I didn't show more willpower! It's very versatile. I also had some Certainly Celery ribbon from a ribbon bundle I snagged off the Clearance Rack. I guess the real theme for today's card is "what a bargain"! The designer paper is one of the more subtle sides of Sunny Garden. My leaf is the Little Leaves Sizzlit. Some days I have a bit of trouble getting that one off the die, but today it decided to cooperate. Perhaps it's a good omen for the week! It just went so well with the stamp that I had to give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Andrea.. Wow, I love all the layering in this card.. and the yellow and the green are so so sweet. Just beautiful. This card is so well done. Enjoy your week.

    Inky hugs, Pauline
    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!