Come explore the world of stamping with me!

14 May 2011

Recycle Vintage Style



Okay, I'm really excited about this one. Of course, it doesn't photograph as well as I would like, but that happens. I created it Thursday night during card class, but blogger wasn't working yesterday morning so I had to wait to share. Imagine my frustration! :) This card started because I wanted to play around with my new Triple Layer Punch. I'd only experimented once before and didn't have the results I wanted. Then I discovered that was because I tried holding the punch while using it just like I do with all my other SU punches. Once I put it down on a table top, all was well! I've also been trying to find a creative way to use up catalogs once their sales period is over. So, I took out an Occasions Mini and went to work. I kind of wish I would have photographed this card in stages. I assembled everything with curled up corners, the two brads, & the torn paper so I was well on my way to the vintage look. Then I added the two stamped images from Tiny Tags. We were getting closer. Next, out came my Color Spritzer Tool & I added the black splashes. Almost there. Then, I got really brave, and took out my Smooch Spritz. I spritzed the whole card, ribbons and all (thanks to encouragement from the folks at class!). I was so afraid it would ruin the whole card, but I love the effect it creates. You'll have to see it in person. My ribbon is so shinny & the whole card really feels complete. Mission accomplished! I think I'll play more with punching bits from my old catalogs this afternoon. Stay tuned to see how that experiment turns out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!