Come explore the world of stamping with me!

02 July 2011

Lace Ribbon Punch Frame/ Color Throwdown #148



I've been playing with my new toys, especially the Lace Ribbon Boarder Punch. Last time, I used it to create a band around my Fancy Favor and this time I wanted to create a frame/pendant out of it. So, I started playing with dimensions. Truth be told, it works best with a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" square. However, that doesn't fit on a standard card, so I decided to try it out on a 4 1/4" square. Not bad! The corners are a little different, but I still really like it. I also really wanted to play with some of the new In Colors, but I wasn't sure what to do with my color pallet. I turned to the Color Throwdown for some inspiration & there it was! They had Cameo Coral, Pacific Point, & Garden Green as their colors. A quick substitution of Calypso Coral & Island Indigo gave me a great selection that used two of my new colors! Thanks to Barbara over at Color Throwdown for picking "old" colors that I could make new again. :)

1 comment:

  1. this is very pretty, luv the details...hope your weekend is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!