Come explore the world of stamping with me!

15 November 2011

Not Just for Xmas/ Mojo Monday #215



I find myself feeling a bit frustrated when I look at the number of holiday stamp sets & toys I have. They're all wonderful, but I hate that I can only use them for a few months out of the year. To make it all better, I like to find different ways of using them in non-holiday projects. There are TONS of ways to use our Ornament Punch for example. Well, this card uses two typically holiday products in a very non holiday way. First off is the Holly Berry Bouquet designer paper. One of the reasons I was attracted to it in the Holiday Mini Catalog was because several of the "B Sides" of the paper are floral--- a far cry from most Christmas paper. I don't know about you, but I often don't use up all my Holiday Mini paper before Christmas is over. Then, I'm sort of stuck with it. Sometimes I can add a little red & white to my Valentines projects, bit it's often a stretch. Not so with Holly Berry Bouquet! The second product featured in this card is actually the Northern Flurries Embossing Folder. Can you see where I used it? Look closely. The wonderful little flowers near the sentiment were a happy accident I discovered when trying to make small snowflakes for my last card. If you punch out the center of the small snowflakes on Northern Flurries using the Scallop Circle Punch Pack punch, you get these charming little guys. Whew, now my snowflake folder isn't just for the winter months! Maybe we can make this card next month as a sort of New Year's card. The sentiment works & it's great to be reminded of how versatile our holiday toys really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!