Come explore the world of stamping with me!

05 February 2012

Color Throwdown #177/ Always Elegant Valentine



It's time to bring a little love to this Super Bowl Sunday. Here's my try at this week's color scheme from the folks over at The Color Throwdown. Our very Valentine choices were Basic Black, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White. I'm a huge fan of all that co-ordinates in the stamping world (guess that's why I'm a Stampin' Up demo, huh?) and so I love how the lines from the Always Elegant stamp set go so well with those created by the Elegant Lines embossing folder. It causes an over all effect that just flows together. I feel like my card has its fancy pants on... perhaps a tuxedo? The organza ribbon along with the pearls add that dressed up feel as does the slight shine from embossing my black stamped images. Some times it doesn't take much to dress things up just a tad. It also goes to show that you don't need a whole bunch of stamps to make a really great card. Since all the stamps in a Stampin' Up set are designed to work together, you often just need one set to make a full project. It's just another way that co-ordinating products make my life easier. Now, if only the same applied to my closet... then my mornings would be easier too!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Great embossing and I love the scattered pearls! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!