Come explore the world of stamping with me!

22 August 2012

Manly Mojo/ Mojo Monday #255

My new goal for classes is to have at least one "masculine" card for each one.  I've considered having an all masculine class, but I think I like the sprinkling idea even better. Then folks will always have at least one on hand (& I don't need to think of five masculine designs all at once!).  So, this week's Mojo Monday sketch needed to go manly for me.  I found inspiration in an unexpected place--- Floral District designer paper.  With so many blossoms, I didn't think I could find a design that work work for my manly theme.  However, one of the "B" sides worked just great.  All it needed was a little bit of soft suede sponged around the edges.  It's hard to believe I used to dislike this color.  Now I use it ALL the time!  I went with the distressed look on my stamped piece.  My distressing tool took care of the edges & my color spritzer added just enough to my repeated stamps.  I even think the accidental stamping of the edge of this stamp adds to the distressed look.   That's why I didn't redo it.  I am the Accidental Stamper after all.  My very favorite part of this card is the combo of the embossed scallops & the pierced ones along the side.  It was such a fun alternative to a punched piece of paper.  The card didn't really need another layer & this way I could include that element more subtly (and use even more toys!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!