Come explore the world of stamping with me!

11 February 2013

Tootsie Pop Kids Valentine

Are you still searching for just the right Valentine to create for your little one's class Valentine exchange?  Well, I highly recommend this one.  A friend of mine saw it on Pintrest and created a bunch for a little person she knows.  The idea was so cute I just couldn't pass it up for my own niece.  And my nephew liked it so much we made a much less pink version for his class too.  It gives me yet another reason to be an advocate for capping class sizes! I've now assisted in the creation of about sixty of these little beauties.  My aspiring stampers helped me with the Big Shot (and with keeping count of how many flowers we needed to make).  They loved cranking the dies through and keeping track of how many we made.  This project was the final straw in my battle to not buy the Fun Flowers Bigz Die.  I've been resisting for years (literally) and keep seeing fun projects where you just have to have this die.  So, now I can rest easier knowing that it is mine.  :)  Along with the Fun Flowers Die I needed the now retired Daisies Die (you can still get it through Sizzix no worries) to make the completed flower.  Of course, I also curled each piece using my bone folder for a more flower like effect.  Then it was time for Eleanor to add her own touch.  She stamped all the sentiments herself and wrote her name on the back of each sentiment too.   She is, after all, an aspiring stamper. The little photo shows the finished project.  Of course, it's a bit blurry as excited five year olds have a heck of a time keeping still for photos!  Her mom came up with the great idea to load the flowers into a basket with a bit of florist foam.  Now they are completely portable and ready for the party on Thursday. I hope her classmates enjoy them as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!