Come explore the world of stamping with me!

08 April 2013

Lovely As a Tree Mojo/ Mojo Monday #288

Ah, it feels good to get back into the Mojo Monday groove.  It's such fun to start the week off with a little crafty inspiration.  I went over to the Mojo Monday site this morning knowing I needed to make a sympathy card.  I think their sketch lends itself nicely to the simple elegance I like in any sympathy card.  For this one, I took out an old favorite.  Lovely as a Tree was the very first stamp set I ever bought from Stampin' Up.  It's also been in the catalog longer than any other current set.  I think you can see why.  Its simple beauty makes it just so versatile.  The best part was using this specific stamp with my new ink pads for the first time. In the past, it was a pretty difficult stamp to ink evenly.  I knew that I would have to stamp a few times to get an image that had a complete center.  Well, no more!  This one was a first shot. :) I know the super juicy ink pads take a bit to get used to, but boy do I love them.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! That was my first stamp set as well and I love it. Love the color combination and how simple, but elegant it is.

    http://www.believablyme.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!